Montag, 27. Dezember 2010

Monica Fairview: The Other Mr. Darcy

After it was finally possible to download Kindle ebooks on Jane Austen's birthday, I immediately had to start to
read them. I downloaded four of the ten Sourcebooks novels.

    * The Darcys & the Bingleys by Marsha Altman
    * The Pemberley Chronicles by Rebecca Ann Collins
    * The Other Mr. Darcy by Monica Fairview
    * Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy by Abigail Reynolds

I finished 'The Darcy's and the Bingleys' last Saturday, reading it through in almost one day. And I love it! It was funny, entertaining, well written, witty, very Jane Austen-ish and addictive. So the series must be bought in it's whole. I'm not sure yet, if I will buy them all as ebooks or as paperbacks...

Over Xmas I finished reading 'The Other Mr. Darcy'. I had no idea what the book was about. It was a pleasant surprise though to read about Caroline Bingley and her development into a lovely character. Thank you Monica Fairview!
The author achieved to keep me in suspense all through the book, with surprises on every page. I liked how she wrote and how close she stayed to Jane Austen's style and the characters she created. But I also liked very much indeed how she had the others evolve or stay as they always were: Lydia is still scandal personified. Mrs Bennet still annoying, Mr Darcy and Elizabeth still wonderfully lovely and Jane and Bingley still charming. Louisa was quite a stranger to me, but very convincing. I pitied poor Colonel Fitzwilliam and hated Sir Cecil. Caroline's and Robert's process of opening up towards each other and their quarrels were entertaining and very believeable. They might be real persons nowadays...

Unpredicatable courtships appear to run in the Darcy family...
In this Pride and Prejudice sequel with a difference, Caroline Bingley is our heroine. Caroline is sincerely broken-hearted when Mr. Darcy marries Lizzy Bennet— that is, until she meets his American cousin…

Mr. Robert Darcy is as charming as Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy is proud, and he is stunned to find Caroline weeping at his cousin's wedding. Caroline, caught in a moment of extreme vulnerabilty, intends to put as much distance between them as possible, preferably a whole ocean. But events bring them together, and they must make the best of a bad situation.
As for romance, that is the last thing they could possibly expect...

So now I'm off to amazon and buy the sequel to the sequel: The Darcy Cousins.

Picture credit @ amazon.co.uk

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

2009-2012 Emmeline Cartwright. Powered by Blogger.

© Research Blog, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena