Donnerstag, 1. Januar 2009

Fitzwilliam Cartwright

Lord Cartwright by (c) Cl. Rothe
My Name ist Fitzwilliam Brougham Cartwright. I was born in 1739 in London as the second son and youngest child to my honourable father John Cartwright and my humble mother, Edyth Brougham.

I have a brother, Frederick, who is two years my senior. My father is a second son, as I am, but unlike his brother, Gerald, he married a well-endowed woman. My uncle Gerald, who had to hand over his estate Leyland to my brother by force, has already lost his wife, Frances. After my grandfather's death, my parents assured him of their affection and he and Frank came to life with us; the happiest years I can remember.

But as the younger son, I had to leave to earn my living and decided for the army. Here I am, returning home from Quebec after a too long journey on sea and now, that I am back home in England, I will try to keep up this journal and turning its content from experiences in war to hopefully brighter ones... like this:

In 1763 I married Miss Emmeline Grace Porter of Wortham Hall. She is the former fiancée of my brother Fred.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

2009-2012 Emmeline Cartwright. Powered by Blogger.

© Research Blog, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena